Wednesday, October 12, 2016

NICU Reunion - September 24th, 2016

Today we went to your first NICU reunion! We knew that there would be rides, face painting, and games and that you weren't big enough for them, but we wanted to see some of the nurses that we haven't seen in a while. We didn't know who would be there, but we hoped that we would see a lot of the nurses that we spent so much time with.
We got there and walked around for a little bit. We didn't really see any of the nurses we knew. We then got some pictures taken, and then we were going to leave if we didn't see any of the nurses. Finally, we saw one of the nurses that we loved, and spoke with her for a while. After that, we walked around a little more, but didn't see anyone else that we knew. Since you weren't big enough for anything yet, we decided to leave.
I do have to admit that when we started walking towards the hospital, I started crying. It brought back so many memories. Daddy looked at me like I was crazy, but I am sure deep down he understood. It was definitely hard going back there, but it was nice seeing one of your nurses!
Tomorrow, you are 7 months. I have no idea where the time has went. All I know is that I am so blessed that I have been able to be home with you for the last few months. I really think that working with you every day has helped you in so many ways. We love you so much, and although we are sad at how fast time is going, we are so happy to see how well you are growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment