Thursday, August 18, 2016

Where Did Mommy Go? - August 11th, 2016

Yesterday I said how another mom in the group gave me her number and told me about the other breastfeeding support group. In the back of my mind I knew I wasn't going to go. I wouldn't know anyone there, I would have to drive alone with you again, and I would have to travel 30 minutes away. Although part of me wanted to go, a big part of me knew I wasn't going to.
However, as the time came closer, I was trying to force myself to go. I kept telling myself that I need to meet new moms, it would be good to get out, and I would get to talk to another LC. I looked at the clock and it was 11:15. The group started at noon. I was at least 30 minutes away, and to top it all off, I had no idea where to go once I actually got there. I text a friend and asked her if she thought I should go, and she told me yes. I ran around trying to get everything that I would need to go, and I text the mom who gave me her number asking if it was okay if I came a little late. She said it was fine and I hurried up and got you ready.
When I got there, of course I went to the wrong place. I called the other mom and she told me where to go. We finally got there around 12:15 and there was only one other mom there. Another came a little after me. The LC wasn't even there yet. As 12:30 approached, the mom that invited me called the LC and turns out, the mom had her Thursdays mixed up. Group was next week, not this week. We still stayed and chatted with our babies and then left around 1:15. The LC even called in parking passes for us which was very nice.
I can't believe I went somewhere without knowing anyone. I don't know what happened to me. I am glad that I got out and went even if it was the wrong Thursday. It was nice getting out of the house for once. I am sure you enjoyed it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment