Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ultrasound Appointment - July 7th, 2016

Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat - just on the right side. I tried a million different natural remedies to try and knock it out before it got any worse. I also tried Zicam, but I don't think I took it in time. This is not the time to get sick.
In the middle of the night I woke up and could barely even talk. My throat hurt SO bad. I woke up daddy and told him that he would have to take care of you because I didn't want to get you sick. We do not want you back in the hospital. He took care of you and your feedings throughout the night. I got up just to make sure he didn't need help with anything, but made sure not to touch you or come too close to you. When I woke up for the day, my throat didn't hurt, but the sickness had moved to my sinuses. I had tons of pressure, and a headache. Daddy, Grammy, and Poppy took care of you and I just tried to stay away from you.  I started blowing out green so I immediately went to urgent care. The doctor was so nice there. I told him that I thought I had a sinus infection and I just wanted to come quick because I didn't want to get you sick. He asked if I was breastfeeding and when I said that I was pumping, he said that he would prescribe me azithromycin but to wait 24 hours to see if I felt better before taking it. They don't want pregnant women or breastfeeding mothers to take medicine, but if I had to, he said I could. He even printed me off an info sheet about the medicine and breastfeeding. He told me that I needed to make sure to wash my hands after every time that I blew my nose or coughed or sneezed. So EVERY time that I blew my nose (which was VERY frequent), I washed my hands. I have NEVER washed my hands so much in my entire life. I really should have no more skin left on my hands because I have washed them SO much.
Since I was sick, I couldn't take you to your ultrasound appointment for your blood clot in your left leg. Daddy had to take you with Grammy. While they took you to your appointment, I took a nap. I didn't realize how long you guys had been gone until Poppy woke me up to tell me that you were home. Your appointment was at 2:30 and you had to be there by 2:15. You didn't get home until 4:15! Apparently they had a hard time finding the blood clot so a few different technicians had to try and then eventually the doctor had to come in a do it.
Not even an hour after you got home, the pediatrician had called and told me that your blood clot had stayed the same as it has been previously. Veins were closing in around it and the clot hasn't moved. He suggested to follow up with hematology in the future. He said it isn't necessary to follow up with them right now, but maybe in the future we could follow up with them and we could talk about doing something about it.
Tonight I do not feel so well. My nose is starting to run and I have a lot of pressure in my sinuses. I am hoping that I will be able to sleep well and I am hoping that it goes away fast! I miss cuddling you and taking care of you! I contemplated sleeping on the couch and I ended up just sleeping in the bed since I did last night. You sleep in your bouncer on daddy's side, so at least you aren't close to me.
Grammy and I went around and sanitized every single thing that I had touched today and sprayed Lysol everywhere. Still hoping and praying that you will not get sick!
We love you and continue to be amazed at everything you do. You are doing great!!!