Wednesday, June 29, 2016

First Day Without Daddy - June 29th, 2016

Today was our first day, just me and you. We got up a little earlier than usual and started our day. Good thing I got up early because I received a phone call at 8 from speech saying that they had a cancellation on July 26th, so they wanted to know if we wanted that appointment. I obviously took it, Any appointment closer is worth taking. About an hour later, she called again and said that she just had another cancellation for July 5th, and of course there was no questioning taking that appointment. Finally, we are getting somewhere! I had emailed the speech therapist last night asking if there was anything that we could do until August because I felt that we were not progressing at all and possibly taking steps backward since we wouldn't be seeing anyone until August. I wonder if she got that and notified the front desk to get us in sooner. Who knows. All I know is that we have our appointment next week!
Just as I was about to pump, the cleaners came. I had to hold off since there were three of them and they all tackled different rooms. It actually worked out perfectly for us because you got hungry earlier so you took your bottle in the living room (which the cleaners do last) and then when you finished your bottle we went upstairs to hang your feed (and they were finished in our room). They finished shortly after and I just hung out upstairs with you while I pumped.
I had to mix your milk for the rest of the day so I put you in the mamaroo which you did not like. I figured I would try the Moby Wrap and wear you. It was a sad attempt, but it worked and you passed right out. I was able to get a few things done like that. We did our next round of care and then I bagged milk. Mom-mom and pop-pop brought us a couple items we needed from the grocery and then later mom-mom stopped over to give you some new outfits since we are running low for 0-3 months.
After I did your next feed, I was too lazy to go upstairs and get your pulse ox, so I kind of napped. I kept waking up to make sure you were breathing. I will just have to nap later when daddy comes home.
We had a pretty uneventful day today without daddy. I don't really have anything else to report, other than we have the pediatrician tomorrow. I am going to see if they can do something with your Zantac since you are starting to cough again. Also, I am going to ask about upping your feeds, but he may say to wait until our speech appointment. We will see!
We love you and love how well you continue to grow and meet new milestones. You are now tracking things with your eyes which is great!!