Monday, May 2, 2016

Another Milestone! - May 2nd, 2016

This morning I was holding you when the doctors came around for rounds. They said that they wanted to do a swallow study on you to see if when you bottle feed, any of the milk goes into your lungs. If it does not, we can continue on the bottle feeds. Speech was supposed to come around today to check you out, but with you having your eye exam, they called and asked if tomorrow would be better and I said yes. Nothing else was going to change for the day.
Your eye exam was today and they said that you are still stage 2 zone 2. Nothing changed from last week. They will come again next week to see how you are doing, and if nothing changes next week, they will come in two weeks after that. They took pictures this time to document what your eyes look like so they can compare them to next weeks eye exam. They showed me the pictures and told me that when you get older, I can tell you that I have seen the back of your eyes.
I like how you are in a crib now with less wires connected to you. I feel like I can just get you out of your crib whenever I want now. I don't have to ask anyone to get you out of the isolette anymore. I no longer have to hold you in hour long increments. I hold you a lot more now! I also noticed that they put a onesie on you, so I washed some of your onesies so that I can bring them in tomorrow and you can wear your own clothes.
We did non-nutritive sucking at 9 am today because you couldn't bottle feed today. You were tired, so you latched for a couple sucks and then fell asleep. I wasn't able to try the rest of the day because I needed to eat lunch and because you were so upset with the eye exam. Tomorrow is another day!
Now for the news you have all been waiting for - I called tonight and she told me you were doing great. She said that you now weigh 5 lbs! You are gaining weight so fast!
You amaze me every day. I can't believe how fast you have grown over these last few weeks. All of the milestones you have hit and all of the obstacles you have overcome. It won't be long before you are home and we can finally take care of you on our own! I'd gladly lose sleep if it meant that you could be home!!! We love you so much and I will see you in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment