Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Possible Growth Spurt? - May 17th, 2016

This morning your nurse said that you now weigh 5 lb. 10.3 oz. and that you were now 18.7 inches. She said it was a big weight gain and I brought up the fact that the day before you had a pretty big weight gain as well. She said that one reason for the big weight gain could be that you are retaining fluid again, but they were going to look at your weight gain chart and see how it looked over a weeks time. To my knowledge, they did not do that yet, but we did make sure that you looked good physically, and you did not look swollen anywhere. There still could be water retention in your lungs, and that is what they wanted to watch out for since that happened last week.
For your 8:30 am care, we tried NNS again since speech wasn't here today. You didn't do as well as yesterday, and kind of just sat there like you have been. Your RR was getting a little high when you were on, so I took you off and just held you. I held you until about 10:15.
For your 11:30 am care, I did your diaper and then kept you in your crib while your feeding ran. I needed to run some errands, and then when I came back I wanted to hold you. Running errands took a while, so I didn't get back until 2 and by the time I got back, it was time for me to pump again.
When I got back, I noticed a little note on your table saying that the eye doctor came and that your eyes were still stage 2 zone 2, and that they didn't get worse than last week. The doctor said that he would be back again next week, and was not ready to come in 2 weeks because a lot could still change depending on your medical status. So, eye exam again next week.
I left you in your crib again for your 2:30 pm care, just so that I could eat a little something in the Ronald McDonald room. After I ate (since I didn't have time to while running my errands), I came back and held you when your feeding was finished. I left at about 4:30 pm.
Tomorrow we are back to doing NS, and I am hoping that it goes well. I feel like learning to eat is going to be a long process, especially because boys take longer to learn than girls. However, I am very optimistic about it, because you did take 43 ml in one session before! So I know it is possible!
We love you and are continued to be amazed by you. You are growing so much and we can't wait to have you home. I will see you in the morning and I hope you have a great night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment