Thursday, May 12, 2016

Happy 11 Weeks! - May 12th, 2016

Again, this morning when I came in your head looked good, and all of your vitals were good as well. I know not to get too excited about anything, as anything can change in the blink of an eye. I asked the nurse when your blood test would be, and she said she would ask the NP. She said that it would be tomorrow. Since your color has been looking good, I hope that you started making your own blood! That would be one less thing to worry about.
I held you after your 8:30 am care. You spit up once, which had no comparison to yesterday. Just a little mouth full. Before it, you coughed, which shows me that it is reflux related. When I told the nurse about it, she asked if I thought that extending your feeds over a longer period of time would work. I told her that is what they kept doing at CHOP, so she extended them to an hour. At your 11:30 feed, you did not get sick.
The doctor and NP came to speak with us so we could ask questions. Daddy asked a lot of questions about your head and the doctor said that if it would make us feel more comfortable, they would do the ultrasound.
When I came back from lunch with daddy, the nurse told me that the ultrasound was supposed to be at 1:30 pm, and asked if I had seen them. I told her that I haven't seen them at all. They came around 2:15 and finished a little after we were supposed to start your care. The nurse said that the results would be back in a couple hours.
As I was getting ready to leave after holding you after your 2:30 pm care, you had an episode. I heard you cough first, and then it happened. Again, most likely reflux related. I turned around and came back in the room just to make sure that you were good. Once you were good, I started to leave again. This time the doctor stopped me and told me that she had the results of your ultrasound. She said that your ventricles are large, but the shunt isn't over working like we thought a couple days ago. She said she has nothing to compare the ultrasound to.
We came back later after dinner and daddy held you until your care. He took your temperature and I changed your diaper. After that we just left you alone because your feed is over an hour and we weren't going to stay that long.
I will be back in the morning. We love you and hope you have an episode free night. Stay strong and rest up. Hopefully you are making those red blood cells so that we don't have to worry about that! See you tomorrow buddy!