Sunday, May 8, 2016

My First Mothers Day - May 8th, 2016

I got to spend all day cuddling with you for Mothers Day! There is no where else I would have rather been. I got there at 8 and there was artwork from you and a bracelet from you as well. I will keep them forever!
We did the usual routine for all 4 cares today - pump, care, NNS, hold. You did so well with the NNS, but I think you have finally figured out that nothing is coming out so you just gave up. You still latched, but just sat there. We have an appointment with speech in the morning. We will see what they would like us to do from here. The doctor also lowered your oxygen from 2 to 1.
We had a mothers day dinner at our house tonight and we went back to the hospital so that Alena could come see you. (By the way - people are very angry at her for getting to see you first!!!) When we came, the nurse that was there said that you had three episodes, and one was pretty significant - your heart rate dropped into the 140's. She also said you vomited a bit after the episode. I thought we were in the clear since you were doing so well.
I asked to speak with the doctor because I wanted her to know what I thought. The doctor came in and I told her that you haven't had episodes in a while and now you are getting pale, having episodes, and your heart rate is high. I told her that I think you needed blood, and that I understand why they were holding off. I said that I was also concerned with the vomit because of your shunt, and that is one of the symptoms of the shunt not working properly. Both her and the nurse said they think everything is fine neuro wise. She said that they were going to do a CBC and RTIC in the morning, with possibly more labs to see if they can figure out what is going on. I guess for now all we can do is wait. The doctor said we are all on the same side, just not on the same page. Guess we will talk again tomorrow.
As for today, I am so happy, blessed, and thankful that you made me your mom. It was a very emotional day for me, as I never imagined that this is how I would spend my first mothers day. However, I got to spend the day cuddling with you, which made it much better. I'm glad you had such a good day, but a little sad about tonight. I know you will do fine, but just hard to hear after a good day!
I love you so much and I will be there in the morning when they do the blood work. Hopefully they figure out something to help you, because I feel like we are just taking steps backward at this point. I hope you have a better night tonight buddy! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment