Monday, April 4, 2016

And the Results Are... - April 4th, 2016

This morning I got to the hospital nice and early. When I got there, the nurse didn't really have any new information to give me other than you had just got your 2 ultrasounds, and she said they were there for what seemed like an hour. I knew I would have the results once the doctors did their rounds. All I could do was wait.
After doing some thank you notes, I saw the doctors coming towards your room. I put everything away so I could pay attention to what they would say. She said that the head ultrasound came back fine - no bleeding. Phew. One down, one to go. The ultrasound of your leg showed that the clot did not extend or move. It showed that there was actually some flow around it. The doctor said that she wanted to speak with hematology about upping the lovenox dose since the anti-10a came back at .32, sub-therapeutic. I felt so much better after hearing about the two ultrasounds. Each day that passed I would think about if the clot was moving or if there was any new bleeding in the brain. Thank you so much for all of your prayers!
The were only two things the doctor said she wanted to change. She wanted to change the duration of your feeds from 2 hours back to 90 minutes. She also wanted to weight adjust your feeds as well. You now are back to 3 lb, 5 oz. Later, we learned that the weight adjustment wouldn't do much, so your feeds will stay at 28 ml.
After your 1 o'clock caffeine and lovenox, I was able to hold you for a little more than an hour. You were so comfy on me - I hate to have to put you back in your isolette! I will be holding you again tomorrow, and hopefully for a longer period of time!
Mom-mom came to pick me up to give daddy a break. After staying for a bit, we were just getting ready to leave as the PA came. She said that they spoke with hematology and they wanted to keep the dose as it is. They don't want to risk any bleeding, and since the ultrasound showed that there is some flow around the clot, they thought it was best to keep it as is. You will be on lovenox for 6 weeks, and then they will evaluate you at that point. You will have weekly blood work, and an ultrasound at 5 weeks. Please pray that this blood clot resolves within the next 6 weeks!
Tomorrow is mommy and daddy's anniversary, so we are going to go out to dinner to celebrate. However, mommy will be with you all day! We love you and are so proud of how you are doing! Stay strong and keep growing Mason!!