Tuesday, April 5, 2016

More Progress - April 5th, 2016

This morning I got to the hospital and they said you were good overnight. I was going to wait until the doctors came for rounds but I decided I really needed coffee this morning! I got coffee and then came back upstairs to wait.
Hematology came before the doctors. They said that they don't think it is worth the risk to keep you on the lovenox for 6 weeks. They said that the last ultrasound looked good, and they are going to do another one come Monday. If the one on Monday comes back good, they are going to take you off of the lovenox. Since you are getting tapped at random times, they don't think that it is worth the risk of bleeding. I asked if they thought that it would travel if we came off the meds, and they said that it was unlikely.
The doctor came in after hematology. They said that they wanted you to go from 90 minutes to 60 minutes for you feeds. They also said that they wanted to wean you off of the ventilator more. They decided to put you on CPAP instead of NIMV. You no longer have a respiratory rate. You are basically breathing on your own but still have some pressure to keep your lungs from sticking together. More progress!
Tomorrow they want to increase your feeds. Not sure what they want to increase them to yet, but I will know in the am. Again, more progress!
I did hold you today for almost 2 hours. You did great. You look so comfortable when I am holding you. I am so lucky to be your mom!!
Mason, you are doing amazing. Keep it up! We love you so much and can't wait to take you home!

No comments:

Post a Comment