Sunday, April 24, 2016

Back to Normal - April 24th, 2016

We came to visit for a little bit this morning and you looked SO good! No more swelling, and just all around good. You look like you are back to where you were before the surgery! We sat there for a bit and I watched you and all of a sudden, your thumb went into your mouth and you started sucking! Daddy and I immediately grabbed our phones and started taking pictures and videos of you.
We left and came back later with mom-mom and pop-pop. Daddy held you for a while and you were staring at him and loving every second of being with him. Daddy loved it as well. After mommy was finished getting you some milk, I held you. I can't wait until you come home and I can hold you all the time when you aren't connected to any wires!
The PA stopped by to see if we had any questions or anything. You will have your ultrasound of your leg tomorrow and sometime this week you will have your eye exam again. The nurse said to the PA that they will be able to wean you quickly off of the oxygen. The PA said we will take it a day at a time. The nurse was right - you hate those prongs in your nose and half the time I look at you, they aren't even in your nose! But I also agree with the PA - lets take our time so we don't take anymore steps backward.
I just got off the phone with the nurse for tonight. She said she didn't do your care yet, but you have been very quiet. You are still on your full feeds at 35 ml every 3 hours. You are on the cannula like you were before surgery. The only thing we need now is 5 consecutive days of weight gain so we can put clothes on you again and wean down the temp in your isolette. Then we can get you out of there and into a crib!
We love you and I can't wait to see you in the morning! I will be there bright and early in the morning. Stay strong - you are doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment