Saturday, April 9, 2016

Uneventful - April 9th, 2016

This morning I planned on getting a lot done that I haven't been able to do. Our plan was to get things done in the morning and then to go to the hospital later. I made sure to call after the doctors rounded and the nurse said that there were no changes. She said that you may need your reservoir tapped today, but that is about it.
When we got to the hospital later, she said that they did tap your reservoir and they got 10 cc's. She also said that they decreased settings on the ventilator. She said that you haven't had many episodes, and when you do, you come back on your own.
Before we left, you spit up quite a bit. She cleaned you up and then gave me the blanket back that you spit up on. I noticed that there was dry spit up, so either she or the previous nurse didn't catch it. Hopefully he hasn't been spitting up often.
I called around 1045 pm to see how you were doing and to ask if you have been continuing to spit up. You have not spit up since, and she said not really any episodes either. She said there was one where she had to rub your arm and you came right back. Other than that, you were doing well.
Not much news today - which is a good thing. I am going to go in the morning tomorrow and stay with you for a bit. I most likely will put in for a sleep room tomorrow so that I can be there in the morning on Monday when they do your ultrasounds and blood work.
We love you and will see you tomorrow! Stay strong buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment