Saturday, April 2, 2016

Back to the Swollen Leg/Foot - April 2nd, 2016

This morning when daddy and I came, the doctors were doing their rounds as we walked in. The doctor said that you had a few episodes over night after your feeds, so they were going to extend the length of your feeds from 90 minutes to 2 hours. He thought your head felt good, so they weren't going to tap your reservoir unless you kept bradying and if lengthening the feeds wasn't working.
Daddy left after visiting to work on the house and I stayed with you. I was able to hold you for 3 hours. Originally, I told the nurse that I wanted to hold you at one so that at three I could put you back to do your care. When I thought about it, you have your lovenox shot at 1, and caffeine at 1, so I decided 1:30 would be best to hold you. I was able to hold you at 1:30, and I actually ended up holding you until 4:30, when the nurse was finished with a PICC line in another patient. I didn't mind at all. You looked so comfortable sleeping on my chest.
When I put you back, we noticed that your leg and foot were very swollen, and it looked like there was a mark on your leg. I told the nurse that your leg may have been up against my bra, so maybe that is why you were swollen. She called the doctor to come look at it just incase, and she said to elevate it for a while to see if the swelling goes down. When I was getting ready to leave, I asked her when she would contact the doctor again if it was still swollen and she said 6:30. I told her I would call at 6:45 to see what was going on.
When I called, she said that your leg and foot looked much better. She said that you had just had an episode as well. Other than that, you were doing well. She would tell the night nurse just to keep an eye out on your leg/foot.
Another day where you are doing well. We will take it despite the brady's that you had today. The majority of them you came right back up on your own.
We love you and will see you tomorrow after lunch. Stay strong buddy, you are doing great!