Thursday, April 7, 2016

Happy 6 Weeks! - April 7th, 2016

The nurse told me that you only had two episodes over night. That was much better than the day you had yesterday. I hoped this was a sign for what today would bring.
As the doctors rounded, they didn't really have too much to go over. You are now 3 lb, 7 oz, and since you only had one incidence of spitting up yesterday after your feeds, they increased your feeds from 28 ml to 30 ml every 3 hours. They are keeping your feeds over 60 minutes. I was there until about 5 pm today, and you didn't spit up after any of your feeds while I was there. You are on the max dose of caffeine, so that can't be changed at all. They mentioned you having a busy Monday. You are going to have blood work, an ultrasound of your leg, and an ultrasound of your head. I am hoping that your eye exam is not going to be that same day. That is just way too much for you. The eye exam in an of itself is a lot for you.
I got to hold you from about 1:30-3 again. You are always wide awake when I start holding you and then you doze off about 10-15 minutes after laying on me. You were licking me for the first 10-15 minutes again - I am assuming you are looking for your food! Soon enough when you get a little bigger.
When I called tonight to see how you were doing, she said that you were doing very well. Nothing really to report! Keep it up!
We love you Mason! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment