Thursday, April 7, 2016

Happy 6 Weeks! - April 7th, 2016

The nurse told me that you only had two episodes over night. That was much better than the day you had yesterday. I hoped this was a sign for what today would bring.
As the doctors rounded, they didn't really have too much to go over. You are now 3 lb, 7 oz, and since you only had one incidence of spitting up yesterday after your feeds, they increased your feeds from 28 ml to 30 ml every 3 hours. They are keeping your feeds over 60 minutes. I was there until about 5 pm today, and you didn't spit up after any of your feeds while I was there. You are on the max dose of caffeine, so that can't be changed at all. They mentioned you having a busy Monday. You are going to have blood work, an ultrasound of your leg, and an ultrasound of your head. I am hoping that your eye exam is not going to be that same day. That is just way too much for you. The eye exam in an of itself is a lot for you.
I got to hold you from about 1:30-3 again. You are always wide awake when I start holding you and then you doze off about 10-15 minutes after laying on me. You were licking me for the first 10-15 minutes again - I am assuming you are looking for your food! Soon enough when you get a little bigger.
When I called tonight to see how you were doing, she said that you were doing very well. Nothing really to report! Keep it up!
We love you Mason! See you tomorrow!