Monday, April 25, 2016

Nice Surprise for Mommy Today! - April 25th, 2016

You did not have any events over night and did very well for the nurse. You had your ultrasound this morning at about 5 am and luckily, nothing has changed. I don't know what I would have done if something changed and it was because of the mistake that was made.
The PA came around before rounds to let me know that the ultrasound showed no changes. She said that they would be back around for rounds. I waited, and waited until I couldn't wait any longer to eat lunch so the nurse told me that she would call me if they came around. She didn't call, and so I ate my lunch and came back when I was finished. They rounded about 15 minutes later. They changed your feeds to 24 calories instead of 22 calories (you were on 24 calories before surgery, so they just slowly reintroduced everything). They weaned your rate down to 3 on high flow. Not much longer and you will be breathing on your own! The PA said that she was going to speak with hematology to see if they wanted to start you on lovenox again. Later, the PA came back and said that they wanted you on the lovenox for 4-6 weeks. They are going to start this tonight at 11 pm. This means if you come home before that, mommy and daddy will have to give you the shot....yikes!
After I ate and after your care, I wanted to do kangaroo with you since we haven't had a chance to kangaroo in a while. I held you for about 2 hours. Towards the end I felt something really hot and then wet... you peed on me! Your diaper had a little space and you happened to pee right out of it all over my belly and shorts, but I am sure that will not be the last time. It is so weird how when it is your child you don't even care. I just had the nurse put a pad between us and I kept holding you.
I asked the nurse when we could start dressing you again and she said when you get back to the weight before surgery, or if you gain weight over 5 days (whichever comes first) then we can start dressing you and weaning the air temp in your isolette. Then we can get you into a crib. (You weighed 4 lb, 6 oz before surgery and you weigh 4 lb, 4 oz today.)
You are going to have your eye exam tomorrow - you hate the eye exams. Hopefully nothing changed from the last exam two weeks ago. Other than that, I don't think there is anything else going on tomorrow which is good because the eye exam is enough for you.
We love you and we hope you have a great night tonight. Mommy will see you in the morning. Keep fighting buddy! You are doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment