Thursday, March 3, 2016

Doctors, Scares, and More Firsts - February 27th, 2016

Today was the day I was getting discharged from the hospital - without our sweet, strong son. I went to visit him as often as I could today and was even to change his little diaper! Such a tiny diaper - and it still didn't fit too well!
I was able to speak with the doctor today. Mason will get off his antibiotics tonight and the line in his little belly button will be able to come out. His ultrasound of his head will be on Monday, so we will see how that goes. Right now we try to avoid stimulating him when the nurses aren't there so his brain can continue to grow! He may have to gave a little bit of help from the ventilator again, but not too much. He may also need another blood transfusion, which they said is expected.
The absolute hardest thing I have ever had to do was to walk out of those hospital doors without you. I cried and wished I could stay longer. I know the NICU is open 24 hours a day for us, but I would have loved staying at the hospital with you. I miss you so much little buddy!
You are so strong and amazing, Mason. You continue to surprise us every day. I can't wait to hold you and hug you. We love you so much buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment