Saturday, March 19, 2016

Surprise Phone Call - March 19th, 2016

This morning we checked out of the hotel early so that we could come see you before mommy's baby shower. When we went to visit you, you were still spitting up. There wasn't really any news from the nurse, which is a good thing!
We left so that I could get ready for my baby shower. I was emotional because you were still supposed to be in my belly at this time. Just thinking about all of the things you were going to get at the baby shower made me emotional as well because you wouldn't be able to use them until you came home - which is still what seems like an eternity away.
I had a wonderful time at my baby shower. We received so many gifts from so many wonderful people. You are definitely loved!! So many people are praying for you. We are so grateful for everyone in our lives.
After the shower we went home to put everything in the house. As we were standing around talking with everyone that helped bring home your gifts, daddy's phone rang and it was a Philly number. My heart instantly sank. Daddy's expression when he was on the phone and lack of speaking made me so incredibly worried. He asked me a question about the ventilator and told the person on the phone about the PA telling me they were going to talk about taking it out next week. After he got off the phone, he told me that they were going to take out the ventilator because they think that is why you are spitting up. You have been on all the lowest settings on the ventilator as well. I felt much better about seeing that phone number come up on the phone! 
Shortly after we came to visit you again. Grammy and Poppy came and then they had to leave by 9 pm so daddy took them home. After they left, we did your care. The nurse told me that she thinks that since you arch your back a lot and she thinks you have reflux. The nurse yesterday said that too. The PA yesterday (when I spoke with her about it) said that all babies have reflux, so they don't do anything about it. They changed your breathing mechanism to the one with prongs (which you absolutely hate), so they said they wouldn't keep you on that for long. Apparently they keep switching them. The nurse also said that you weigh 2 lb, 11 oz! Keep growing buddy!! The neurosurgeon came in to check you this morning and the nurse told us that he said you look fine and still do not need to be drained!
I am staying in a family sleep room tonight at the hospital. At least I get a bed tonight! This next coming week, we were lucky enough to have a friend lend us their apartment in Philly so that we don't have to stay in a hotel or sleep on a chair by your isolette. All of which I don't mind, but it is nice to have a place to shower! (The hospital only has one shower.)
You are doing great! Keep it up! You are definitely living up to your nickname, Mighty Mason!! We love you and can't wait for you to come home to enjoy all of the nice things that you received at your shower today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment