Thursday, March 3, 2016

Mighty Mason's Birthday - February 25th, 2016

Mason Christopher was born on February 25th, 2016 at 4:17 pm. (The same exact time that I was born!) Unfortunately, I was not able to hold him like other moms can when they give birth. He was whisked away as soon as he was born. Chris and I kept staring at all of the doctors around him because we did not hear him cry. Those moments were the scariest for me - not knowing how my baby was. Luckily, every once in a while, the doctor would look over and tell us that he was fine. Chris got to go and look at him and go up to his new room in the NICU. When Chris came back to our room, he told me that Mason was 2 lb. 2 oz. and 14 inches long. I wasn't able to see him until a few hours later. When I did, I cried because he was just so little, yet perfect. I still couldn't believe that I just gave birth to our son. I wasn't sure that I would ever get used to the fact that Chris and I were parents.
We stayed to watch him for a little while before going to get some rest since we arrived at the hospital the night before. The nurse said he was doing well on the ventilator, so they took it down a notch. Keep fighting little buddy!
Everything that happened in the last 24 hours was just so much to take in. Everything seemed like a blur - did all of this really just happen?

After I delivered the placenta, the doctor found out that I had a placental abruption. Twenty-five percent of my placenta was covered with blood clots, meaning it was not attached like it should of been. They kept telling me not to blame myself, that it was not my fault.

No comments:

Post a Comment